SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, APPRECIATION AND WIN-WIN EFFECTS IN THE EVENT OF LAYOFFS
Recruiting and releasing personnel (reduction of overcapacity) are normal components of "management of personnel changes" in economic life.
INSEMACO® Outplacement Consulting
Staff redundancies through staff reductions are associated with the termination or termination of employment contracts. Decisive for the extent of the consequences of separation measures - on corporate culture, image, motivation, trust, costs, success, etc. - is the subjective feeling about fair or unfair staff reductions. With a professional separation management, which is supported by out- or newplacement, positive effects can be achieved.
We structure our outplacement consulting in 4 phases tailored to the customer-specific objectives as well as individual topics, as shown in the following example:
1. Assessment of the current situation
- Personal situation, well-being: Self-confidence/esteem
- Analyse knowledge and skills
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- Self-perception and perception by others
- Create career path
- Create performance profile
2. Determination of objectives
- Analyse professional potential and aptitudes
- Determine personal wishes and general conditions
- Matching wishful thinking with know-how and potential
- Find, set and formulate goals
3. Develop and implement strategy
- Identify job markets
- set priorities
- Develop a procedure for addressing the market
- Cover letter for job offers, formulate unsolicited applications (by post, e-mail, online version)
- place job applications
- Create professional application documents
- conduct research
4. Coaching and training
- Determine professional and personal qualification needs
- Telephone training for the company address
- Presentation / self-presentation of knowledge and achievements
- Train conversation situations
Goals of Outplacement
The main goals of our outplacement consulting are
- Avoidance or reduction of internal and external image loss among employees and as a potential employer (employer branding).
- Avoidance of false interpretations, rumours and other negative group dynamic developments.
- Reduction of motivation and performance losses among those leaving the company and those who continue to be employed.
- Avoidance of frictional losses at the workplace during the remaining term of the employment relationship.
- Assuming social responsibility towards departing employees: consensual, fair and socially responsible separation of employees as well as help for self-help for professional reorientation.
- Avoidance or reduction of legal disputes in the separation process.
- Reduction of costs for the separation process.
- Positive effect and "reassurance" of business partners (customers, suppliers, cooperation partners, etc.).
Success factors for outplacement & consulting
The success of outplacement & consulting is often influenced by the following factors:
Strategic business decisions do not usually come out of the blue. The more time an affected person has until dismissal, the less pressure he or she has. In addition, an applicant who applies for a job from within a company has better chances than a job seeker.
How the decision to part with employees for operational reasons is received depends largely on the comprehensibility - figures, data and facts - of the decision taken.
Change processes are complex and are often perceived as unpleasant and threatening not only by those directly affected. The effects on remaining employees, customers, suppliers, cooperation partners and on the image of the company must also be taken into account.
Personnel separation is a management task. In this respect, managers should be involved in the outplacement process as soon as possible. This leads to avoidable irritation among those affected internally and externally.
The most important messages should be clearly formulated so that there is no room for misinterpretation, rumours and other negative group dynamic developments.
Fairness and appreciation
The fairer and more appreciative an outplacement process is, the more sustainable the measures will be for the employees concerned and the company. Even in a crisis situation, win-win effects can be achieved.
Expertise of the consultants
One quality criterion for outplacement consulting is the expertise of the consultants. With us as consultants, you receive, among other things, career knowledge, professional coaching, diagnostic skills, networks, industry know-how, as well as goal and success orientation and individual solutions.
Acceptance of the consulting
In professional reorientation, there must be a considerable degree of openness in the joint work between affected persons and counsellors. In this respect, confidentiality and trust is an essential prerequisite for the acceptance of our consulting services.